American Racer Cup Kicks Off 12th Season of Winning with Weekly Racers
MILLSBORO, DE – For the 12th consecutive season, the American Racer Cup presented by Sunoco Race Fuels will be winning with weekly racers in 2021.
Thirteen facilities representing four states – New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware – comprise the ’21 American Racer Cup, which will reward Modified and Sportsman competitors with $51,450 in cash point funds plus hundreds of tire certificate giveaways. Drivers cash in for competing at their home American Racer Cup tracks on a weekly basis.
The program is presented by American Racer Tires and distributor Lias Tire of Indiana, Pa., and Sunoco Race Fuels and distributor Insinger Performance of Dushore, Pa.
Stewart Friesen, representing N.Y.’s Fonda Speedway (Modified) and Brian Hirthler, competing at Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville, Pa., (Sportsman) are the defending American Racer Cup overall champions, both for the first time in their careers.
Registration is open for the ’21 American Racer Cup through the website (www.theamericanracercup.com) via the links below.
Paperless Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-american-racer-cup-tickets-131128164871
Modified Entry Form: http://theamericanracercup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2021ModifiedEntryForm.pdf
Sportsman Entry Form: http://theamericanracercup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2021SportsmanEntryForm.pdf
The first American Racer Cup ‘pre-season’ giveaway took place in January on Facebook LIVE. Four free American Racer tires were distributed via random draw to Danny Creeden and Bobby Watkins (Modified) and Ken Eckert Jr. and Danielle Smith (Sportsman).
The next giveaway – for six total tires (three Modified and three Sportsman) – will take place on March 13 during the drivers’ meeting for the Melvin L. Joseph Memorial Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco opener at Del.’s Georgetown Speedway.
All registered drivers as of March 13 will be entered into the drawing shown live on Facebook.
Points begin tabulating for the ’21 Cup on Saturday, April 16 and continue through Labor Day (Monday, September 6).
2021 Modified program information can be found here: http://theamericanracercup.com/?page_id=426
2021 Sportsman program information can be found here: http://theamericanracercup.com/?page_id=424
Registered drivers are posted on the American Racer Cup website daily as entries are received.
Modified registrants: http://theamericanracercup.com/?page_id=440
Sportsman registrants: http://theamericanracercup.com/?page_id=442
Participating tracks for ’21 follow:
- Accord Speedway (Accord, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Afton Motorsports Park (Afton, N.Y.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Big Diamond Speedway (Minersville, Pa.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Bridgeport Motorsports Park (Bridgeport, N.J.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Delaware International Speedway (Delmar, Del.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Five Mile Point Speedway (Kirkwood, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Fonda Speedway (Fonda, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Grandview Speedway (Bechtelsville, Pa.) – Modified & Open Sportsman
- New Egypt Speedway (New Egypt, N.J.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Penn Can Speedway (Susquehanna, Pa.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Utica-Rome Speedway (Vernon, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Woodhull Raceway (Woodhull, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
To learn more about the American Racer Cup, visit the official website at www.theamericanracercup.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, follow on Twitter @racer_cup or on like Facebook: American Racer Cup.